large numbers of iPhone users may have been compromised.

Share

Apple hit back Friday at a Google analysis report suggesting iPhones might be targeted by a long-running hacking operation, business it inaccurate and dishonest .
Apple spokesperson Fred Sainz said during a statement the analysis free by Google created a “false impression” that enormous numbers of iPhone users might be compromised.

Sainz said that contrary to what Google claimed, the incident was a “narrowly focused” attack that affected “fewer than a dozen websites that specialise in content associated with the Uighur community, associate ethnos in China.

“Regardless of the size of the attack, we intend to take the security and security of all users very seriously,” he wrote.

“Google’s post, issued six months once iOS patches were free, creates the confusion of ‘mass exploitation’ to ‘monitor the personal activities of entire populations in real time,’ stoking worry among all iPhone users that their devices had been compromised. This was ne’er the case.”

Researchers with Google’s Project Zero security taskforce said last week that associate “indiscriminate” hacking operation that targeted iPhones used websites to implant malicious package to access photos, user locations and alternative information.

“Simply visiting the hacked web site was enough for the exploit server to attack your device, and if it had been prosperous, install a observance implant,” said Project Zero’s Ian brew.

Sainz said Apple believes that the web site attacks were operational for roughly 2 months, not 2 years as Google implicit .

“We mounted the vulnerabilities in question in February — operating very quickly to resolve the problem simply ten days once we learned regarding it,” Sainz said.

“When Google approached us, we were already within the method of fixing the exploited bugs. Security may be an endless journey and our customers may be assured we are operating for them.”

Leave a Reply