In this post, I will show you how to prepare ukwa from scratch.
There are two methods which you can use to take the seed out from its pot.
The first method is to cut the breadfruit into to smaller piece, and start removing the seed.
While the second method is to allow it to decay, then put it inside a plastic basket and wash until its clean.
Steps on how to remove the peels.
1. Put the ukwa in a pot and allow to boil for 1 min
2. Drain water out of the pot with a sieve and allow to cool.
3.Blend to remove the peels.
4.Separate the chaff from the seed.
How to Cook ukwa
1. Put the ukwa in a pot and add water enough to cover it.
2. Allow to boil until it becomes soft.
3. Add more water if the initial one has dried up.Then add pepper, Ogri, palm oil and salt to taste.
4. Allow to boil for about ten minutes.
5. Serve with a chilled drink.
Note: Protein is optional.