Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Location: Idiroko, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Coordinates with administrators and research project leaders on work plans and programs and makes recommendations for improvements, land preparation, fertilizing, planting crops, cultivation, and harvesting of experimental feed plots.
- Determines soil use and rotation of crops.
- Inspects vegetable farm and other units; confers with and advises Farm Manager on problems; requisitions equipment and materials; approves work schedules.
- Plans and supervises the planting, cultivating, harvesting and storing of field and garden crops on the large.
- Supervises all operations on vegetable farm.
- Makes reports on time on equipment, materials, and production to the farm manager; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
- Directs the repair and maintenance of farm buildings and equipment.
- Recruit, train and supervise farm workers ‘coordinate and direct their activities.
- Supervise a wide range of farm operations including cultivation, sowing, spraying and harvesting
- Ensures deadlines are met for activities such as seeding and harvesting
- Confers with managers to coordinate activities with other farm units
- Oversees the work of farming units and suggests improvements and changes
- Inspect farm buildings and equipment, ensuring routine maintenance is carried out and repairs are made when necessary.
- Installation, maintenance and regular monitoring of irrigation system
- Ensure and enforce compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- Minimum of HND qualification.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2020.