Job Title: Program Officer: Nutrition, Care and Support
Location: Nsukka, Enugu
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
- The Prevention Officer will work with stakeholders, facilities, Civil society organizations, Subnational government units, State Technical working groups in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of Prevention, Care & Support of HIV services including but not limited to general prevention, HIV Testing Services, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Prevention of Mother to child Transmission, Differentiated Models of Care and Nutrition services programming within 4GATES supported state of operations, communities and facilities.
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Senior Specialist will provide direct programmatic implementation support at facility, team and program level in the attainment of project activities.
Description of Role & Responsibilities
- Support the design and implementation of the Prevention, Care & Support Services activities in supported states in accordance with 4GATES objectives in the following regards;
- Support the design and implementation of the HIV prevention services (including HTS among the general population, KP, adolescents and young people) in supported states.
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent HIV Testing Services delivery in supported facilities with particular focus on Index Case Testing in line with program directives.
- Support the process of development, review and deployment of HIV prevention documents, guidelines and training curricula, including HIV Testing Services, Index Testing and KP testing, tailored training curriculum and service delivery guidelines.
- Contribute to capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high-quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines.
- Work to strengthen quality assured counseling and testing services across all the HTS models â€“ facility-based, mobile and strategic community outreaches targeting key and vulnerable populations.
- Implement effective linkage of all identified positive clients through innovative strategies e.g. accompanied referrals and use of the linkage tracker for all identified positives across all supported facilities.
- Work with the ART Health care team to establish and strengthen adherence systems at the facility and community levels for improved quality of patient care. Support facility adherence interventions to ensure long term adherence to ART.
- Put in place effective retention interventions to attain 95% retention of patients on ART on the 4GATES program. .
- Build capacity of facility nurses to take on new roles in the implementation of differentiated model of ART delivery (DMOAD) such as Fast track refill services and organized specialized clinics for stable patients.
- Work with the state MOH for qualitative HIV Testing, Care and Support Service delivery in line with the program and national guidelines.
- Provision of technical assistance and capacity building to facilities.
- Assess quality of community support activities relating to HIV services in and around treatment facilities and assist treatment facilities and communities in developing their ART support programs.
- Identify training needs, plan and facilitate on-site training sessions on HTS, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Care & Support services.
- Distribute appropriate job aides and education materials for treatment support staff and volunteers.
- Provide an account of program-related achievements through site visit, monthly and quarterly reports to supervisor.
- Participate in other miscellaneous activities including representing CCFN, making presentations, professional development, relevant organizational research and abstract writing.
- Represent the organization in meetings and other forums related to the job.
- Carry out other additional duties as required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to Program Manager. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Care and Support Lead in the State.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other medical-related field is required, with at least 4 years post-NYSC clinical experience, at least 3 years clinical experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment at an Implementing Partners level, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences with at least 4 years post-NYSC experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment at an Implementing Partners level.
- Experience as HTS, Adherence Counselor or PMTCT counselor supporting a USG implementing partner.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities and can work effectively under pressure.
- Will be required to have regular interaction with a broad base of stakeholders including facility staff and management, community, patients, donors and other implementing partners.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on use of MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter addressed to the “Human Resource Manager” and Resume in one single document to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2020