Job Title: AML Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: AML Compliance & Risk Mgmt
Job Background / Context
- The role will assist with CitiKYC and PFG implementations. The role will perform AML investigations and compliance reviews. The FTE is based in Nigeria but is a resource to assist in covering the rest of SSA on AML Investigations and reviews when necessary.
- Assist by performing AML investigations and Compliance Reviews.
- Contribute to a ‘no surprise’ culture by educating and communicating compliance awareness throughout the organization and escalating all potential or identified regulatory issues appropriately.
- Assist with CitiKYC and PFG Implementations
- Performing compliance reviews and AML investigations, when escalated
- Review and approve high risk customer KYC/due diligence
- Perform enhanced due diligence on targeted customers
- Undertake AML related investigations arising from internal monitoring as well as ad hoc referrals
- Providing feedback to relevant AMLCOs regarding detected weaknesses, coordinating the corrective action and tracking implementation
- Developing and providing guidance regarding conducting FIU responsibilities in a standardised manner
- Collaborate with the Business, AML Advisory and other Compliance partners as required
- Assist relevant AMLCOs in reporting suspicious activity to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
- Assist in responding to search requests by local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies
- Respond to sanctions related escalations and investigations
- Attend and where necessary, lead AML related customer interactions
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or degree in any other discipline.
- Operations, Control, risk related experience, though not compulsory, will be an added advantage.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience out of which, at least, 7 must have been in a relevant area
- Knowledge of relevant AML regulations and industry guidance
- Good understanding of corporate banking and investment banking products
- Experience in AML investigations, particularly in relation to Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Experience in compliance/KYC reviews, e.g. account opening or periodic reviews
- Experience related to financial investigations; AML, fraud or counter terrorism
- Strong written and personal communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and in teams on all aspects of AML
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies.
- Highly organised and methodical with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
- Strong team player willing to learn and share experience with other team members.
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Citi offers a variety of benefits and resources to help you live well. Use them to invest in yourself, including your health, future, and well-being.
- Living well is about more than good physical health. It’s about your financial well-being, too.
- That’s why we offer a variety of resources to help you save and be well in all aspects of your life.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- The above job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.