Job Title: Account Management Officer
• Our Retail Payment Network connects the retail segment (last mile) to digital financial services while providing the infrastructure that manages payments and financial access points.
• The Retail Payment Network uses the power of ‘consumer demand’ for financial services and utilities (that is – household needs for financial services and utilities for consumption) and ‘supply’ to connect / onboard actors in addition to products in the marketplace.
• To optimize profitability in the Retail Payment Network, it is important to deploy a framework that aggregates the actors of the marketplace efficiently while considering commercial activity and financial inclusion level for priority classification.
• We are on a mission to onboard 50,000 active agents by the end of 2021 with a monthly GPV of $150m.
• Our strategy is to provide financial access to every consumer in the retail segment by having a physical presence in every market and virtual presence in every household.
Key activities within the network include:
• Signing up agents, partners, and billers on the network
• Connecting consumers to financial services and billers – Utilities
• Increased growth and profitability for the business.
• Building a network that serves as an efficient access point to partner banks, Government, and internal businesses
Who Are You?
• You are a results-oriented individual with a target driven attitude. You are constantly chasing and surpassing your targets through effective account territory planning. You are organized, a self-starter with great work ethic requiring little to no supervision.
• You have a flair for persuasion and negotiation coupled with a great prospecting eye for scouting opportunities in the market. You have a great understanding of the local retail payments landscape in Nigeria and behaviour of retail actors/customers.
• You have excellent interpersonal communication skills and impeccable customer service & relationship management skills.
• Your responsibilities as an Account Officer revolve around 3 key objectives: drive acquisition of new agents, drive retention and activity of existing agents, and increase Tingg brand presence within your area of responsibility.
• Drive customer acquisition, activation, BVN registration and other company products (including Xpress Bundles)
• Ensure all eligible new agents subscribe to Xpress Bundle on a monthly recurring basis
• Review agents applications coming via online marketing efforts and verify & qualify the agents’ eligibility with RSMs for approval.
• Identify potential POS & non-POS agents & retailers in your area and verify their eligibility to become part of the network based on revenue potential.
• Ensure daily agent sites visit to drive retention and resolve any issues the agent may have to transact via the platform and/or POS terminals.
• Liquidity management; continuously monitor agent activity, ensure daily account funding (float) for transactions.
• Follow through dispute and service resolutions in hand with the Customer Service team.
• Maintain 95% agent activity levels in your territory, month on month.
• Receive and deliver POS devices to/from the agents as necessary.
• Retrieve POS devices from non-performing agents and redeploy them to new agents.
Increase Brand presence:
• Engage with industry associations and retailers to promote Tinggto drive acquisition of agents.
• Provide training for the existing agents & retailers to improve their performance and get valuable insights for the business.
• Ensuring marketing & branding material is well placed at the agent sites to promote Tingg brand.
• The summary of your role is to drive end to end operational efficiency in your territory.
What does your day to day look like?
• Depending on your acquisition and activity targets, your usual day should be split between acquiring and training business owners within your locality to act as Financial Inclusion Agents.
• You will obtain KYC documentation for all agents in line with company & regulatory standards.
• You will work closely with the Customer Service Team, Area Sales Manager & Regional Sales Manager to ensure timely resolution of issues affecting your agents.
• You will strengthen relationships with your agents to drive activity through a mix of daily visits and calls for retention purposes.
You are responsible for:
• Acquisition, KYC and Onboarding of agents, in your locality, to grow our agent base (monthly targets will be shared and reviewed by your line manager).
• Monitoring the agent performance and ensuring that they conform to the Cellulant’s Agency banking operational guidelines.
• You are to act as a liaison i.e. relationship manager between the agent to ensure that agents stick to the platform and have a clear understanding of current offering and amendments to offerings ; in addition to ensure hitch-free business operations on the platform.
• The retention of these agents in your locality through visitation of agents daily. You are to ensure optimal service delivery by the agents through issue resolution at their outlets while at the same time organizing frequent training for agents to improve their performance.
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2020.