Job Title: KYC Compliance Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Risk & Compliance Associate
Sector: Consumer Finance
• The KYC (Know-Your-Customer) compliance Officer is responsible for opening, amending, reviewing and exiting customers according to established policies and procedures
• The officer should also review customer accounts and detect and report irregularities in KYC data or account behaviour
• The ideal candidate should also be of high ethical standard, analytical and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
• Perform due diligence on new customers by reviewing and verifying their KYC documentation and making an analytical risk assessment based on information provided;
• Appropriately place customers on the right KYC level according to information provided.
• Periodically evaluate existing customers according to established policies and procedures;
• Maintain continuous contact with customers in order to keep customer file and KYC records updated.
• Process and amend customer KYC records;
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
• Perform further investigation on identified suspicious customers and report to the AML compliance officer;
• Responsible for a good understanding of due diligence regulations, and internal policies and procedures;
• Periodically review KYC records for completeness and validity that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date; ensuring that due diligence standards are complied with;
• Ensure compliance with all Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws, regulations, guidelines, written procedures; OFAC, CIP, KYC, customer / transaction monitoring.
• Investigate high risk clients and report where necessary, including politically exposed persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete their record;
• Other specific projects or task which may rise from time to time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• B.Sc / B.A or equivalent Degree.
• Must have completed NYSC
• Show Strong research and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
• Ability to learn and use application and web portals
• Ability to learn and review applicable regulations.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and to liaise with other departments
• Ability to learn fast
• Attention to detail
• Creative and resourceful
• Good team player
• Self- driven and hardworking
• Multitask and manage competing priorities
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply