Baseball star, Starling Marte announces wife Noelia has died of a heart attack

Dominican professional baseball player, Starling Marte has announced that his wife, Noelia Marte, has died of a heart attack.

 

The Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder shared the sad news on Monday night via his social media accounts.

 

“Today I go through the great pain of making public the unfortunate death of my wife Noelia, due to a heart attack,” Marte wrote in an Instagram post, which included a photograph of the couple at the Grand Canyon. “It is a moment of indescribable pain. On behalf of my family, I am grateful for the expressions of esteem and solidarity in this difficult time.”

 

 

MLB Network’s Jon Heyman says Noelia recently broke her ankle and was awaiting surgery when she died.

 

He wrote on Twitter: Starling Marte’s wife died unexpectedly today. She broke her ankle and was in the hospital and said to be awaiting surgery when she passed. Best wishes to Starling, who just announced the death.

 

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

Starling Marte’s wife died unexpectedly today. She broke her ankle and was in the hospital and said to be awaiting surgery when she passed. Best wishes to Starling, who just announced the death.

2,058 people are talking about this

 

Marte, 31, spent his first eight seasons in the majors playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates before he was traded to Arizona in January.

 

“We are deeply saddened to learn of the tragic passing of Noelia Marte,” the “Starling and his family are part of the D-backs’ family and we will do all we can to support him and their children during this incredibly difficult time.”

 

The Pirates also released a statement: “The entire Pirates family extend our deepest condolences to Starling Marte and family during this terrible time. Our hearts are truly saddened by this news.”

 

Marte and his wife Noelia had two children: a son, Starling Jr., and a daughter, Tiana.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/5/baseball-star-starling-marte-announces-wife-noelia-has-died-of-a-heart-attack-2.html

Youthwinconnect

Japanese sumo wrestler, Shobushi dies of Coronavirus at 28

A 28-year-old Japanese sumo wrestler has died at the age of 28 after contracting Coronavirus, the Japan Sumo Association (JSA) has announced.

 

Shobushi, whose real name is Kiyotaka Suetake, died from multiple organ failure caused by the virus. He is the first in the sport to fall victim to Coronavirus

 

He had been the first sumo wrestler to test positive for the virus on 10 April, said Kyodo News.

 

 Japanese sumo wrestler, Shobushi dies of Coronavirus at 28

 

His condition quickly worsened and he reportedly entered intensive care nine days later.

 

“I can only imagine how hard it must have been, battling illness for over a month, but like a wrestler he endured it bravely and fought the disease until the end,” JSA Chairman Hakkaku told Kyodo News.

 

“I just want him to rest peacefully now.”

 

According to a report by Yomiuri News, around 1,000 members of the JSA will have to undergo a virus antibody test, the first large-scale testing event to be held in the Japanese sporting world.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/5/japanese-sumo-wrestler-shobushi-dies-of-coronavirus-at-28-2.html

Youthwinconnect

Adelakun explains why Rohr ignores NPFL players

Super Eagles Chief Scout, Tunde Adelakun, has revealed that the Nigeria Professional Football League players (NPFL) are not considered when the senior national team coaches invite players to camp because there is no means to assess their performance regularly online.

He said as one of the Super Eagles assistant coaches, it was difficult for him to monitor players in Nigerian league from his base in the United Kingdom because the games do not have visuals online that his team could critically study before recommending players to Rohr.

He noted that his job, which also includes sourcing for credible talented footballers of Nigerian heritage around the world, has yielded fruits in the past four years he has been working with Rohr.

He disclosed that he has 400 players on his data that are ready to play for the Super Eagles in the nearest future and assured Nigerians that he would always give his best to help develop Nigerian football at all levels.

“Scouting for players overseas is easy for me because there is a special software device I use to track Nigerian foreign-based players’ performance online.

“Any Nigerian player that is doing fine in Europe, if I get his contact and data, I use the device to watch his clips and study his performance. After this process, if I am satisfied, I will recommend to Rohr and he will also assess the player before taking the step to approach the player in his base.

“I have tapes and recordings of so many Nigerian players doing well abroad. But the NPFL is a different mater. The league matches are not online, so it is not easy to use the software to watch a particular player’s performance.

“It is not that there are no good players in the Nigerian domestic league, but there needs to be a process to constantly monitor a player’s performance in his club,” he said.

Adelakun revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has started a process that would help home-based players to play for the national team, adding, “I have started talking to LMC chairman, Shehu Dikko to see how we can fashion out means to ensure the best NPFL players get to compete for shirts with their foreign-based counterparts in the senior national team if eventually, Rohr gets his contract back.

“Some of the players I have discovered over the years include Joe Aribo, Tyronne Ebuehi and others. I  am ready to help raise Nigeria football to the highest level if given more opportunity.”

Source: https://guardian.ng/sport/adelakun-explains-why-rohr-ignores-npfl-players/

Youthwinconnect

Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury at start of 2021 or 2020 if Wilder withdraws – Anthony Joshua’s management says

Anthony Joshua’s management has said that the Heavyweight boxing champion could fight WBC Heavyweight Champion, Tyson Fury, at the start of 2021 or even end of 2020 if Wilder withdraws from his fight with Fury as fans will not want to see preparatory or ‘tune up’ fights when the COVID-19 pandemic is over.

 

 ?Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury at start of 2021 or 2020 if Wilder withdraws - Anthony Joshua
Barry Hearn who owns MatchRoom boxing, the Agency that manages Joshua, said he knows Tyson and Joshua would be in favor of fighting each other as soon as possible as both fighters have a lot to gain from the fight.

 

 ?Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury at start of 2021 or 2020 if Wilder withdraws - Anthony Joshua

 

According to Hearn, he will do all he can to ensure the all-British undisputed decider occurs between Joshua and Fury immediately the pandemic ends..

 ?Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury at start of 2021 or 2020 if Wilder withdraws - Anthony Joshua

 

WBA, IBF and WBO champion Joshua has been ordered to fight Kubrat Pulev next while Fury, the WBC, Ring Magazine and Lineal Champion, is contractually tied into a third fight with Deontay Wilder, who is complaining of a bicep injury. But Pulev and Wilder could step aside and withdraw if they are paid off.
71-year-old Barry Hearn, who is father to the more popular boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, told Betfred: “Anthony Joshua is probably the easiest boxer I have ever worked with, he literally will fight anybody and he is very keen on unifying the titles and Tyson has the missing belt.

“Tyson is not afraid of anyone, at the same time, and he knows if he beats Joshua he will be an even bigger global figure.

“The good news about this pile-up of global sport events is that there will be competition for airtime when sport returns and people will not pay for tick-over contests.

“I think we have an excellent chance of seeing that fight, I would say 50-50 it is this year and, if it is not this year, then it’s 95-5 for early 2021.”
He added: “I am always confident because it is a bg fight and the demand for it is huge but there are complications, as there always are.

“Does Wilder even fight Fury again? I am hearing that he has a slight injury and cannot train until May, does that bring a delay?

“There is a chance, hypothetically if the sport comes back in September and Wilder isn’t ready or doesn’t want the fight, then I think Josh would drop Pulev and go for Fury, because that is the fight he wants more than anything else.”
Hearn said: “Fury surprised me against Wilder but he always surprises me because I usually look at him and think Joshua beats him comfortably. But then Fury just seems to bring out the unexpected.

“I expected Wilder to connect but I don’t think he is technically good at all, he can just punch and that is always an equaliser.
“But Tyson boxed so well and exposed Wilder so much that he bashed him up and took away his desire.

“If all you have is a punch and that is taken away from you, then you cannot win the fight.

“I thought Tyson boxed out of his skin and good luck to the boy.”

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/4/anthony-joshua-will-face-tyson-fury-at-start-of-2021-or-2020-if-wilder-withdraws-anthony-joshuas-management-says.html

Youthwinconnect

Etuhu, Siasia, others’ match-fixing cases bad for Nigeria’s image, says Udeze

In recent times, Nigerian footballers have been enmeshed in match-fixing and other corruption charges either by the world football-governing body, FIFA or some national associations, a situation that has cast doubts on the integrity of players from the country.

A few years ago, former director general of the defunct National Sports Commission (NSC), Amos Adamu, was banned from all football related activities by FIFA for allegedly demanding gratification before the votes were cast for the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup competitions.

The incident was followed by the one-year ban of former national team coach, Salisu Yusuf, for accepting to receive £1,000 from undercover reporters to include two players in the team he was preparing for the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN).

Former Super Eagles’ Coach, Samson Siasia is still struggling to extricate himself from allegations that he accepted to fix matches while negotiating for a job in Australia. Siasia, who was banned for life by FIFA, is still battling to prove his innocence at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

At the weekend, the news broke of a five-year ban for Super Eagles’ 2010 World Cup star, Dickson Etuhu, who was alleged to have attempted to fix a Swedish league match.

These incidents, according to former Super Eagles’ defender, Ifeanyi Udeze, has tainted the image of Nigerian football such that players from the country would now be seen as potential match-fixers.

Udeze told The Guardian at the weekend that the negative effects of these incidents would rub off on other Nigerian players, who would now be major suspects wherever there are indiscretions.

Although he advised Etuhu to fight to clear his name if he was convinced of his innocence in the issue, Udeze added, however, that Nigerian players should be more careful with the people they associate with and things they do.

“It is quite unfortunate that Etuhu has been banned from football by the Swedish football Association. The nation has not recovered from Samson Siasia’s life ban for alleged match fixing and now another stain has been added to the dirt of our sleeves.

“Although Siasia is fighting to be cleared from the scandal, which we pray it turns out positive, my fear now is that these incidents have created room for tight scrutiny of Nigerian players by foreign football bodies.

“Nigerian coaches and football administrators should also be mindful of their associations because all eyes will now be on them.

“It is not good that after 20 years of a footballer’s career, he will be tagged a match fixer. Nigerian players have to fight hard to be good ambassadors of the country anywhere they are engaged in the business of football,” he said.

 

Source: https://guardian.ng/sport/etuhu-siasia-others-match-fixing-cases-bad-for-nigerias-image-says-udeze/

Youthwinconnect

Former Super Eagles star, Dickson Etuhu handed a five-year ban for match-fixing in Sweden

Former Nigeria international, Dickson Etuhu has been banned from all football activities in Sweden for five years after his involvement in a match-fixing scandal.

 

The ex-Manchester City and Fulham midfielder, 37, was accused of offering a bribe to his former AIK Stockholm team-mate Kenny Stamatopoulos to fix a game against Gothenburg in May 2017.

 

The Reserve goalkeeper Stamatopoulos was reportedly offered around £180,000 by Utuhu to under-perform after an injury to the club’s first choice.

 

In November 2019, he was found guilty of attempting to fix a match between IFK Gothenburg and AIK in 2017. Etuhu was fined and ordered to serve a period of probation but avoided a prison sentence.

 

The Swedish Football Association has now taken action to ban the 37-year-old Etuhu and the former IFK Rössjöholm player Alban Jusufi for “deliberately trying to persuade an Allsvenskan player to underperform in one of their team’s matches”.

 

A statement from the Swedish FA read: “The Disciplinary Board has decided to suspend two people because they have deliberately tried to persuade a football player to underperform in one of the team’s matches.

 

“Through their actions, these people have violated the anti-match fixing regulations, and they are therefore suspended for five years.

“The ban includes training, competing or performing any assignments in any sports.”

 

This means he will not be allowed to play any part in football in the Scandinavian country until April 13, 2025.

 

Etuhu who made a name for himself in England played for Norwich, Sunderland, Manchester City, Blackburn, and Fulham.

 

He made the switch to AIK in Sweden in 2015 where he played for two seasons before sealing a move to IFK Rössjöholm and retiring in 2017.

 

Etuhu also made 33 appearances for Nigeria between 2007 and 2011.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/4/former-super-eagles-star-dickson-etuhu-handed-a-five-year-ban-for-match-fixing-in-sweden-2.html

Youthwinconnect

None of you knew Ighalo when he was in lower football clubs – Sonia fires back at critics after change of name

Jude Ighalo’s wife, Sonia who reverted to her maiden name “Adesuwa” on March 20, has fired back at her critics.

 

Recall LIB reported yesterday that Sonia ignited speculation of a marital crisis weeks ago after she dropped shades via her Instastory in which she alleged that her husband staged a party barely a week after he lost his sister. She also alleged that her husband was “celebrating in the name of an orphanage”, while his sister’s children who are now orphans are in deep pain in Canada. Her recent move of changing her Instagram handle from @sjighalo24 to @desuwa30, led to renewed speculation of a marital crisis.

 

Reacting to the troll comments that ensued thereafter, Sonia stated that those coming at her never knew her husband when he was in lower clubs and when he missed a goal at the World Cup in 2018. She also insinuated that she was present when her husband signed a 6 months contract with Manchester United in January.

 

See her Instastory post below;

 

None of you knew Ighalo when he was in lower football clubs - Sonia fires back at critics after change of name

 

She also insisted that her husband woke her up with a birthday call. Sonia added;

 

None of you knew Ighalo when he was in lower football clubs - Sonia fires back at critics after change of name

 

Source:https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/3/none-of-you-knew-ighalo-when-he-was-in-lower-football-clubs-sonia-fires-back-at-critics-after-change-of-name-2.html

Youthwinconnect

Barcelona wants to bring both Neymar and Lautaro Martinez this summer

Barcelona wants to bring both Neymar and Lautaro Martinez this summer. The club is willing to offer money and players and Coutinho and Dembélé might be included in the deals.

Both Man United and Liverpool are interested in bringing Coutinho back to the Premier League.

Coutinho’s return to the Camp Nou is now a near-certainty as the Bavarians are unwilling to keep hold of him beyond the summer despite they already forked out £19 million for a loan.

The Catalans have already made it clear that they don’t count on Coutinho for the next season and will try to offload him in the summer to raise funds for the Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar.

Although the reigning La Liga holders left him out the picture, the Brazilian playmaker won’t come cheap, considering they spent around €160m to convince Liverpool to let him go in January 2018.

United secured a possibly season-changing deal when they brought in Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon in the winter transfer window, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to continue his spending spree in the summer.

The Red Devils have been linked with a move for Leicester City’s James Maddison and Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish before signing the Portuguese star.

Although both players remain viable options for the summer, Solskjaer could focus his attention on Coutinho, who has a more proven pedigree in the Premier League.

But, luring him to Old Trafford could be a daunting prospect given his Liverpool background, which could be the main stumbling block United will have to overcome to get the deal through.

The Merseyside giants are also considering a reunion with Coutinho, with Jurgen Klopp scouting Europe for a new forward to bolster his potent attacking line.

Source: https://www.yoursoccerdose.com/news/manchester-united-made-first-contacts-with-barcelona-over-summer-transfer-of-philippe-coutinho/

 

 

Youthwinconnect

Buhari approves the postponement of the 2020 National Sports Festival

As a precautionary measure against the spread of COVID-19, President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has

approved the postponement of the 2020 National Sports Festival after a briefing by the Minister of  Youth & Sport

and the Minister of State Federal Ministry of Health, Olorunnimbe Mamora.

Youthwinconnect

Cristiano Ronaldo sends a solidarity message to Daniele Rugani

Cristiano Ronaldo has taken to his instagram page to send a solidarity message to Daniele Rugani and everyone who is fighting the Coronavirus in one way or the order.
He has also promised to continue to send his support to the health professionals putting their own lives at risk to help save others.
He Wrote;
Photo by Cristiano Ronaldo on March 13, 2020. Image may contain: text
Youthwinconnect