Job Title: Program Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Nsukka, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- It is pertinent to develop new databases and / or management information systems (MIS), maintain and upgrade existing ones in order to respond to data management needs of the project in relation its Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), which will include but not limited to routine data collection, storage and reporting using appropriate indicators, tools and MIS.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide overall support to the day to day implementation of M&E activities JDPC. S/he should collaborate with his Technical Specialist in the state office and or in-country headquarters to ensure that all M&E tools and management information systems (MIS) are availability and up to date for routine program monitoring activities in the state.
- H / she will ensure that data entry into national, PEPFAR and project MIS – National OVC management information system (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS), Data for Accountability and Impact (DATIM) and other MIS; are up to date at all times. Furthermore,
- S / he will collaborate with the OVC State teams and the JDPC to ensure that accurate and high-quality program data are collected and entered into the MIS platforms in a timely manner, reports generated along with the narratives, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making.
- Also, s / he will support the training of Case Workers JDPC staff, promote program learning and sharing among staff, partners and stakeholders and encourage data utilization at all levels.
- Work closely with the JDPC Program officers and mentor them to ensure they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and report formats.
- Support JDPC M&E staff in their work with the Data entry clerks, community volunteers, LG Social welfare officers and community improvement teams(CIT) to ensure that enough training is done at all levels, that the correct forms are used and that accurate reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- In collaboration with the CCFN team build capacity of JDPC Program Officers in understanding of OVC MER indicators and Nigeria custom indicators and how they are measured.
- Ensure that JDPC s enter accurate and high-quality data and report on the MIS platforms on a timely basis or as may be needed. Work with contract M&E firm in the implementation of data quality assessments (DQAs), Site Improvement and Monitoring System (SIMS) implementation.
- Ensure that JDPC s participate in the DQAs, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Senior Technical Specialist (STS) or Technical Specialist, MEAL OVC in the analysis and report of JDPC’s data using the MIS required platforms on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis to CCFN and other stakeholders, as may be required.
- Undertake any MEAL responsibilities that may be assigned to him from time to time by his supervisor of the management team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science with emphasis in Rural Development, Public Health, Statistics or a Development related field.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least three (3) year of professional experience implementing / managing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least one year with an NGOs.
- Experience in designing computer databases in Excel, Access, SQL or in other database packages such as DHIS and DATIM.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in data analysis in Access and at least one of the following: CSPro, SPSS, EpiInfo or STATA is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective teamwork; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives / targets.
- Key Working Relationships: Internal: Technical Specialist MEAL, Database Manager, State Program Manager, Technical area leads (HIV Care and Support, Household Economic Strengthening, Government and Community System Strengthening, Gender and adolescents, Collaborating, Learning and Adapting, etc) External: JDPC s, External Consultants and Government partners
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Programs Manager. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the State Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter addressed to the “Human Resource Manager” and Resume in one single document to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2020.